POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Tom Stone
Date: 9 Sep 2001 12:53:34
Message: <3B9B9FD8.AF9A4A6F@telia.com>
> Actually it's more a case of people writing more utilities that support
> POV-Ray under Windows than for Mac. If more Mac people would write the
> utilities then it would not appear to be platform specific. You can't
> fault POV-Ray because 3DWin and Poser aren't supported on a Mac.

Hello Ken,

No, I'm not blaming POV-Ray. It's a wonderful program which I love dearly.

But this format have always been reserved for PC's since it was created, before it
was included in 3.5.
And I don't think that the creator of 3DWin have any plans to port his software.

I have no problem with platform specific features in POV-Ray, as long as it is
mentioned in the documentation.
Quite the opposite actually. There are a few Mac-specific things that I would like
to see in the mac version, like for example the ability to use Truetype fonts (if
it is technically possible).